Melissa Mahoney Legal College is committed to protecting your privacy in accordance with the requirements of the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988. The type of private information that Melissa Mahoney Legal College collects from students, employers and schools alike, is as much as is necessary to reasonably conduct its business as a Registered Training Organisation.
MMLC will keep on file personal information such as; student name, residential and postal address, date of birth, contact telephone numbers, email address, occupation, education, qualifications, credit card or bank account details, academic records and results. For some students, MMLC will also keep on file information about their special learning requirements and needs. This information will be disclosed to us through; completion of the Enrolment Form, by discussion with MMLC staff, or via written communication to MMLC.
So that MMLC are able to provide their students with a quality educational service, it is recommended that they be advised of any changes to student’s personal information. MMLC may also update personal information from information received. Student personal information will be used to:
- Provide students with the educational service they require to successfully complete their qualification.
- Obtain feedback from students about the qualification, service and facilities MMLC have provided.
- Advise students of upcoming seminars, tutorials and relevant events.
- Administer and manage the financial services offered by MMLC.
- Further develop and improve the educational services offered by MMLC.
- Inform students about new products and services offered by MMLC.
Legislation stipulates that MMLC retain student’s personal information for at least 30 years.
For the purposes detailed above, MMLC may disclose a student’s personal information to the following organisations:
- Service providers who assist MMLC in the provision of information technology, educational services, marketing and debt recovery.
- Government and regulatory authorities.
- Organisations involved in the transfer/sale of all or part of the assets or business of MMLC.
Personal information will not be disclosed to any other party (except those listed above) unless written permission is received from the student. Extreme care is taken by MMLC staff to ensure that personal information is not released to any party other than those listed above.
Students have a right to access their personal information. If students would like to do so, they will need to submit a request in writing.
If you have any questions in relation to privacy, please write to:
Melissa Mahoney Legal College
PO Box 3160,
Hendra Qld 4011